Student Service Specialist- College for Adults
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
St. Catherine University invites applications for a Student Service Specialist in the College for Adults. The purpose of this position is to provide expert support to students in The College for Adults (CFA) regarding registration, financial aid, billing, payment, student records, transfer course work, credit for prior and alternative learning (CPAL), and admissions. This position must have a sufficient amount of cross-functional knowledge to answer all general questions related to these topics. This position is also responsible for both ongoing and project based work assigned by the CFA dean, or by admissions, advising, registrar, student accounts or financial aid office as noted in this PDQ. Hours are from 9:30am to 6:00pm Monday through Friday, some extended evening hours may be required.
• Answer questions pertaining to admissions, advising, registration, student accounts, student records, billing, payment, transfer course work, CPAL, and financial aid correctly and thoroughly.
• Provide timely response to all inquiries: email, phone, face-to-face, or chat.
• Schedule an in-person follow up to after-hour inquiries
• Contact students who are missing documentation, have past due balances, have not registered, etc.
• Document conversations as needed in Banner, Mapworks and other databases as needed.
• Update student records as needed for accurate record maintenance and to ensure timely and appropriate communication.
• Create and manage calendar of student services key dates, deadlines, and activities.
• Maintain knowledge of program, policy and regulatory changes.
• Stay abreast of industry changes by reading University, College, departmental, and professional communications.
• Create and edit student services publications and web content.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor (in consultation with the five offices represented).
• Create and edit procedures to maintain current and accurate information.
• Attend training and meetings.
Special/Other Requirements Summary
To apply: Please visit the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr for electronic application information and details. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Requisition number is #20180041-Staff. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Application review begins immediately, position open until filled.
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
• Two years' experience in one of the five offices (Registrar, Advising, Student Accts, Admissions or Financial Aid) required
• Ability to develop and maintain knowledge in disparate functional areas
• Strong initiative and critical thinking skills required
• Banner experience strongly preferred
• Strong ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form
• Ability to work both effectively with others in a team environment and independently with minimal direction
• Creative problem solving skills with a focus on long-term resolutions
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to learn quickly, and apply new ideas and concepts to the real world work environment
• Excellent documentation skills
• Ability to prioritize and execute critical tasks in a timely fashion
• Ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org