Admission Counselor- College for Women
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
St. Catherine University invites applications for an Admission Counselor in The College for Women. This position represents St. Catherine University to prospective College for Women students and their families. This position also represents the college to College for Adults and Graduate College students when traveling and meeting with students. Admission Counselors are expected to ensure the quantity and quality of undergraduate College for Women students desired by the University enroll each year. Because new College for Women students generate approximately 60% of University tuition revenue each year, this position carries a great deal of responsibility.
• Counsel and advise prospective students and their families about admission to the College for Women. Includes working with both first year and transfer students.
• Counsel and advise prospective students and their families about costs and financial aid.
• Manage geographic territory including visiting high schools, attending college fairs, making phone calls to inquiries and applicants.
• Assist with coordination of group campus visit programs, including but not necessarily limited to MN Private College Week, Preview, and Fall Visit Days.
• Act as liaison to Academic Departments to coordinate recruitment efforts with those departments.
• Provide new information about those departments to admission staff.
• Review application files and conduct required interviews.
• Maintain professional development by attending conferences, membership on committees
Special/Other Requirements Summary
To apply: Please visit the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr for electronic application information and details. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply, as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Requisition number is #20180042-Staff. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Application review begins immediately, position open until filled.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to plan and conduct small and large group presentations/programs.
• Self-motivated and independent worker.
• Ability to work and travel evenings and weekends.
• Must be flexible, positive, and team-oriented.
• Valid driver's license.
• Genuine interest and/or experience in interacting with a diverse population of students and parents.
• Understanding of and appreciation for the mission of the University.
• Ability to work creatively and efficiently, both independently and as part of a team.
• Genuine respect and interest in higher education.
• Admission experience preferred.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org