Tour of Duty: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Position Description Title/PD#: Contract Specialist/ PD# 26002-A
Compressed/Flexible Schedules: Available
Virtual Position: No
This recruitment is for twopositions with the Central Administration office, located at 212 3rd Ave South Suite 29 Minneapolis, MN 55401.
Contract Specialist / PD# 26002-A
The Contract Specialist (GS-12) is responsible for performing professional work involving the procurement of supplies and services using procedures outlined in the Federal Acquisition Regulations, VA Acquisition Regulations, Public Laws, and agency policy for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Duties of the Contract Specialist (GS-12) include:
- Ensures that specifications and statements of work are prepared in a manner which adequately describes the Government's requirements without restricting competition.
- Advises technical personnel as to inadequate, ambiguous or vague specifications to avoid Government liability.
- Performs a complete review of recommended sole-source requirements and conducts necessary market analysis to test the noncompetitive assumptions of requisitions.
- Prepares required findings and sufficiently documents. Conducts public bid openings, reviews bids, and determines responsiveness and responsibility of low bidder in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Resolves protests, mistakes in bids, late bid situations and coordinates with the Small Business Administration for Certificate of Competencies (COC's).
- Identifies appropriate negotiation team members; formulates pre- negotiation objectives, and facilitates the negotiation as the chief negotiator.
- Prepares price negotiation memoranda, outlining in writing the details of negotiations with contractors in competitive and noncompetitive negotiations.
- Provides signatory authority and executes contract awards within warrant authority for their own contract awards and for staff that lack requisite warrant authority, as requested by supervisor.
Occasional travel - 1-5 nights per monthSupervisory status No Promotion Potential 12