Dental Assistant - FT
6 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Days: Monday - Friday
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Assists the Dentist and Dental Hygienist with tasks associated in the examination, gathering medical information, and dental treatments as needed. Also provide some administrative support as needed.
- Work alongside the Dentist or Dental Hygienist and assist as needed by handing dental instruments and other materials, assist as requested, and recording medical information during the examination and treatment.
- Make patients feel comfortable before, during, and after dental treatment.
- Assist with the oral examination by collecting and recording the patients' medical history and completing other medical assessments as directed.
- Prepare and maintain dental instruments, equipment, and supplies, ensuring all instruments and equipment are sterile prior to use.
- Organize and lay out dental instruments and other material as needed for the Dentist or Dental Hygienist.
- Prepare dental materials to include composites, amalgams, cements, impression materials, and other supplies as directed.
- Monitor and manage inventory of dental instruments, equipment, materials, and related supplies.
- Complies with HIPAA rules and maintains all patient information confidentially and securely.
- May complete other duties as requested by the Dentist.
- Successful completion of an accredited Dental Assistant program.
- Must be a Licensed Dental Assistant or Registered Dental Assistant in good standing or eligible to become licensed in the state of Minnesota.
- Good computer skills to include MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as other health care related software as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must hold and maintain Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification. If not CPR certified upon hire, must obtain certification within 90 days of employment.
- On feet or standing 90% of shift.