Asian Cuisine Chef
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Delivers mouthwatering delicacies from the Asian Pacific Rim, including noodle and rice dishes, soup bowls, dim sum and more, all freshly prepared. Mandarin, Cantonese, Szechwan, Vietnamese, Koreanand Thai.
Manages multi-outlet Asian culinary operation for assigned shift. Develops and writes all Asian recipes and menus. Prepares and directs staff in the preparation of Asian food products according to department standards. Supports culinary operation in providing high quality Asian food that enhances the guest's dining experience which drives repeat business.
- Has extensive knowledge of Authentic Asian cuisine and cooking techniques and able to work all stations in the kitchen. Has extensive knowledge of specialty Asian Products
- Prepare high-end authentic Asian items and prepare the daily special item.
- Prepares and assists in the preparation of Asian food products for The Buffet, Banquets, Promenade -- Fusion and any other outlets where Asian specials may run.
- Manages Asian culinary operations of outlets for assigned shift.
- Ensures quality and consistency of all Asian food products by conducting taste tests and visual reference.
- Able to learn and enter all requisitions, recipes, print inventory and check variances in EATEC system.
- Ensures proper sanitation of all equipment. Cleans and maintains stations, refrigerators, and freezers and also cleans according to daily cleaning schedule.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as required by Chef and management.
- Adherence to sanitation codes.
- Interviews, selects, hires, and promotes team members; plans training and development in conjunction with Human Resources Development and Restaurant Chefs. Completes performance appraisals, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Ensures compliance with all prescribed food and safety standards.
- Minimum of 5 years line experience in high volume Asian restaurant and 3 years management.
- Culinary degree preferred but not required.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English clearly.
- Basic knowledge of sanitation practices, quality control, recipe interpretation and prep duties.
- Must complete formal tasting audition.
- Basic knowledge of computer keyboard for simple data entry or information retrieval.