Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: $14 / hr PLUS (based on experience)
The purpose of this position is to instruct scheduled classes, to contribute to membership sales and retention, to ensure safety regulations are adhered to, to provide service enhancements, to conduct new member orientations, and to assist with the cleanliness and maintenance of the ice arena.
- Actively pursues membership sales and recruits members and guests into activities and events.
- Ensures membership retention, repeat daily guest usage, and referrals through a high level of member and guest service delivery and response.
- Provides skating instruction and assistance while ensuring safety, visual cleanliness and order. Develops an energetic and highly motivational class within a fun, safe and professional atmosphere. Teaches assigned classes on schedule and follows established class format, standards and protocol. Monitors and records class attendance. Communicates training methods clearly. Ensures each individual is progressing correctly by monitoring class with constant circulation. Ensures member and guest safety by visually monitoring.
- Provides service enhancements (when not conducting lessons) to members and guests. Encourages members to ask questions. Assists members with questions, concerns, and directions.
- Ensures the safety of all participants in class by consistently reminding members and guests of safety principles for the type of class and exercise. Provides hands on correction to enhance performance and prevent injury.
- One year of participation in organized ice skating with a school team or established club.
- One to two years experience as an ice skating instructor.
- Thorough knowledge of the proper techniques of basic fundamental ice skating.
- High skill level of ice skating proficiency and ability to demonstrate starts, stops, and forward/ backward skating techniques.
- C.P.R. and First Aid Certification or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment.