Humera is looking for a Production Designer for our client, an independent, nonprofit, health plan providing health coverage and services that serves individuals, families, and adults with disabilities. The individual in this role will be responsible for the design and production of print and digital collateral from concept to completion. This is a long term contract position!Duties
- Collaborate with the Senior Graphic Designer to create marketing materials and assist in the production of regulatory materials, including UCare external member, prospect, provider, and media communications for various clients across the organization. Deliver error-free versions and create 508 compliant files while maintaining consistency across all media. Collaborate across organization and prioritize and execute workload to meet stakeholder deadlines.
- Collaborate with the Senior Graphic Designer, work within design team to implement brand standards across all media, assisting with updates when needed, and ensuring brand standards are followed organization-wide.
- Participate in Creative Brief process and work collaboratively with Communication Leads and Business Owners to produce materials that meet marketing strategy and objectives. This includes conceptualization, design, layout and final art for print/digital including collateral materials, corporate identities, advertising, presentations, and displays from concept to completion.
- Serve as graphics resource and consultant to other departments ? under direction from the Senior Graphic Designer ? on communications projects and work in a cross-functional or collaborative function with other areas of the organization.
- Design and produce content for digital marketing efforts that maintain brand standards and enhance design, user experience, and functionality across all digital platforms, such as email, social media and web content. Understanding/experience in development of CSS, HTML and basic animation. Work collaboratively with marketing teams to achieve marketing goals.
- Provide expertise regarding multimedia presentations and use of technology to enhance presentations including development and implementation of communication materials to support organizational goals and objectives.
- Adhere to member material process mapping system, and fulfill business owner and some marketing communications roles as outlined in the process.
- Support the communications function through continuous improvement of processes to best serve the customer.
- Remain current in graphics industry trends as they relate to the operations of the department, its projects and programs.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Five years of job experience designing/creating print and digital materials.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Ability to implement usability principles, accessibility, 508 requirements to create accessible PDFs.
- Experience with creating graphics for the web, CSS styles and HTML coding a plus.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Proficient in style sheets, catalog/large directory creation in a PC environment.
- Should be a process-oriented, self-starter that stays up to date with new techniques and trends through research and education.
- Must have a solid knowledge of design processes, ability to design within brand guidelines and should be proficient in software applications such as Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Experience in and understanding of health care industry and managed care is highly preferable.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or other related field with a portfolio demonstration of strong design skills and technique.
- Significant course work in graphic design, print production, visual arts or a related field, along with an outstanding portfolio and 5 years of experience that demonstrates clear knowledge of print production and design, may suffice in the absence of a degree.