Saw Operator- 2nd Shift
Pro Staff is seeking an experienced Saw Operator for a metal distribution company in the Blaine area! If you'd like to be considered for this opportunity please apply online!
Hours: 2:30pm-10:30pm M-F
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Order Fulfillment – pulling materials from inventory and packaging for shipment
o Must have the ability to pull orders efficiently, accurately and safely
o Must adhere to material color codes and must be able to utilize tape measures and micrometers to ensure appropriate materials are pulled
· Pull material for saw orders from inventory and provide to appropriate saw operator/location
· Operate precision metal, band, and cold saws -- for both bar and plate stock
o Understand and adhere to all requirement procedures when receiving materials
· Maintain safety and cleanliness of the warehouse
o Operate equipment including forklifts, saws, trucks, etc. as trained
· Keep floors trash/garbage free at all times
· Provide an accurate Inventory Count of designated inventory location(s)
· Location/Pan Optimization – Daily
o As inventory locations “sell down” the MC will consolidate materials and even relocate materials (adhering to best practice procedures) to open space for new inventory
o Stocking of received materials on a regular basis to ensure we can maintain our No Floor and 24 Hour Rack policies.
o Identify and communicate any quality issues uncovered during stocking
· Provide back-up to saw operators, drivers when necessary if appropriately trained
· Must have a High School diploma or equivalent. Must have strong math skills and an ability to read tape measures and micrometers.
· Must have a valid driver license.
· Must be able to do moderate lifting.
· Previous plant work experience is desirable.
· Must be able to work overtime.