Staff Accountant - Saint Paul MN
Staffing Partners Inc has an immediate opening for a Staff Accountant with our growing client in Saint Paul! This person will be responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to ensure the accuracy of financial information. This position will manage the general accounting function ensuring the accurate compilation, analysis, and reporting of accounting data. We are looking for someone with a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, around 1-2 years of Staff Accountant experience and someone who is looking to grow with an expanding organization. If this sounds like you then please submit your resume today!
- Perform month-end close procedures including journal entry preparation, reconciliations and related reporting.
- Responsible for accurate preparation and disbursement of monthly financial statements ensuring reliability, integrity, and accuracy.
- Analyze and reconcile Balance Sheet Accounts.
- Analyze financial reports and data, trends and costs, revenues, and cash management, assuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for financial close processes and participate in the year-end audit process.
- Communicate and work with all levels of corporate and branch personnel to verify financial information is accurate.
- Daily and monthly banking activities.
- Lead and or support various accounting projects including system / process implementation and enhancements.
- Maintain system integrity and interface with other systems in financial software applications.
- Identify, make recommendations and implement process improvements and efficiencies.
- Prepare internal reports as requested and communicate risks and exposures to executive management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- 0-3 years of applicable accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of GAAP and full accounting cycle.
- Strong MS Office knowledge (Word and Excel).
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Detail oriented with strong time management and organization skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.