Housekeeping Aide Supervisor
The Minneapolis VA Health Care System is recruiting for Housekeeping Aide Supervisor to serve as a member of the Environmental Management Service. The position supervises Housekeeping Aides/Leaders in their performance of cleaning and sanitation work at the hospital.The supervisor schedules work assignments and checks work for quality and performance standards. As a member of the housekeeping staff, you will be part of a devoted team that provides the best possible care to our nation's veterans.Responsibilities
The Housekeeping Aide Supervisor is responsible for supervision of all housekeeping activities, sanitation, waste management, and bed cleaning within assigned areas. The employee reports to the Assistant Director, Environmental Management Service, and is responsible for the supervision of approximately 20 Housekeeping Aids.
The duties of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing all necessary training and supervision to these employees, including orientation, and training in Environmental Management Services.
- Planning daily, weekly and monthly work schedules in accordance with deadlines and priorities.
- Motivating employees to operate as an effective working unit.
- Defining acceptable standards of quality and quantity expected.
- Determining equipment, supplies, materials, and maintenance required.
- Scheduling and approving employee leave requests, sets performance standards, and makes formal employee appraisals.
- Explaining work requirements and necessary methods and procedures.
- Monitoring work performance to ensure compliance with safety and quality standards.
Position Description Title/PD#: /60430-A
Not requiredSupervisory status Yes Promotion Potential 2