Physician - Care in the Community/Integrative Whole Health, VN-0602-00, Office of the Director
The Care in the Community/Integrative Whole Health Champion Physician executes responsibilities that demonstrate leadership, experience, and creative approaches in the management complex patient care and community health care programs.Responsibilities
S/he functions as an administrator, educator, and consultant with a wide range of experience demonstrating leadership and performance that is broad enough to improve care for large groups of Veterans through influencing policies and decisions at the health care system level and beyond. The Care in the Community/Integrative Whole Health Champion Physician is knowledgeable in Integrative Medicine and Whole Health, as well as Clinical Care, and will be charge with integrating the Whole Health approach into the established practices and processes of the St. Cloud VA Health Care System. Whole Health is an approach which emphasizes Veteran empowerment and self-care in the larger context of well-being, and incorporates a full range of conventional and complementary and integrative health (CIH) approaches. Clinical practices will be formed within the Primary & Specialty Medicine Service Line and cooperatively supervised with the Chief of Staff.
- Provides leadership in the operations of the St. Cloud VA Medical Center, including staff training, education, scheduling, and coordination of care within the Care in the Community and Integrative Whole Health team.
- Develops, implements and evaluates Quality Improvement activities relating to Care in the Community.
- Reviews, tracks and evaluates quality improvement initiatives related to Care in the Community and Integrative Whole Health.
- Develops and/or reviews protocols, order sets, clinical reminders, and note templates relating to Care in the Community and Integrative Whole Health.
- Focus of clinical practice is the evaluation of Veteran patients including prevention and patient self-management and responsible for referral to management of clinical concerns found during these evaluations.
- Develops strategies and evaluates effectiveness of the Care in the Community and Integrative Whole Health programs to achieve optimum patient outcomes in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
If you are a new Federal Employee or a transfer from another Federal agency, Education Debt Reduction Program funding may be authorized for the health professional education that was required of the position. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
Recruitment Incentive may be authorized for this position
Not requiredSupervisory status No Promotion Potential 15