3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Accountant - Lease Accounting
Date: June 2018
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target's distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You'll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. Within Finance, you'll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you'll have a 360-degree impact—rather than on just one part of the business. You'll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you'll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work
A role in the Finance Ops calls on your skills for quality financial and inventory reporting and accurate financials and technical accounting while providing thoughtful and responsive support, expertise and guidance to business partners. Your role will be critical to ensuring the success of Target's business initiatives and core retail operations.
As a Lease Accountant, you will manage numerous processes related to Target's lease portfolio, including: preparing journal entries, processing payments, and calculating rent adjustments. You will be responsible for preparing month-end and quarter-end reporting to ensure timely and accurate financial postings and disclosures. In addition, you will work directly with partners throughout the organization, both in the U.S. and abroad, to develop strong relationships and provide client support to teams across the company. This position is the key liaison between Target and our individual landlords for all questions regarding lease payments. This role also includes projects to drive innovation and process improvement. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four-year degree in Accounting
- Strong accounting skills, including knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (predominately excel)
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of management
- Demonstrate innovative and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Desired requirement: CPA or working towards CPA designation
- Desired requirement: Experience with SAP general ledger and related applications (specific knowledge of SAP REFX)