Physical Therapist Hibbing CBOC
Incumbent demonstrates contemporary and evidenced based application of knowledge, skills and abilities associated with current professional physical therapy practice. He/she is responsible for the care and treatment of patients referred to the Physical Therapy Section of the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Service (PM&RS), however, will spend the majority of his/her time working in the area of general and orthopedic outpatient physical therapy.
As a Physical Therapist in the Hibbing CBOC, the incumbent serves as a consultant and subject matter expert in the treatment of general and orthopedic outpatient physical therapy within the department, VA network, PT profession and the community at large. Incumbent will be familiar with current literature on the neuroscience of pain principles, and possess manual therapy skills including soft tissue mobilization, mobilization and manipulation of the peripheral joints and the spine. The incumbent will be competent with evaluation of the general outpatient population including falls, general mobility impairments, vestibular conditions and general neurologic conditions. This knowledge has been acquired through a minimum of 2 years of clinical experience in this area.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs complex physical therapy evaluation and treatment for male and female patients aged 20-85+ years old.
- Assessment of the patient's learning needs is performed and patient education is tailored to meet those needs involving the patient, family and significant others in the process as appropriate.
- Assesses for and requests prosthetic/orthotic equipment as needed and is able to make modifications as necessary.
- Makes recommendations and referral to other medical specialties/services as needs are identified during ongoing assessment of this routine to complex patient population.
- Maintains consistent and timely documentation of patient encounters in the electronic medical record in accordance with accepted PT practice, facility and Rehabilitation Service policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular team meetings, verbal and written communication and consultation amongst team members in order to guide and evaluate the work of the multi-disciplinary general/orthopedic outpatient physical therapy program.Collaboration with the team is necessary to develop a cohesive treatment plan for this patient population.
- Actively participates in program development for both the general/orthopedic outpatient team and physical therapy department to improve efficiency and quality of care provided to patients.
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday, 08:00 to 4:30 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Student Loan Repayment Program(SLRP): Highly qualified applicants may be eligible for the VA's SLRP. Travel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status No Promotion Potential 12