Business Development/Proposals Specialist
This position is responsible for leading the proposal effort for Survey proposals and supporting business development efforts for DRC's Survey division. This includes writing/proofreading/editing of proposal text; assisting with proposal scope definition and communication; proposal coordination and assembly; research and opportunity identification; and other relevant business development activities.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Review Request for Proposals (RFPs) to determine response requirements and create plan for DRC's proposal response.
- Write, proofread, and edit proposal text to ensure that proposal requirements are met and text accurately reflects DRC's capabilities and proposed work plan.
- Perform word processing/desktop publishing for proposals, including design and layout of text and production of graphics, to ensure all proposal text is formatted appropriately and consistently.
- Assist with the communication of scope information to internal resource areas.
- Communicate with subcontractors (or prime contractors when DRC is a subcontractor) regarding proposal requirements (corporate capabilities statements, staffing, letters of commitment, etc.).
- Coordinate and quality-check overall finished proposal product including all required sections, forms, appendices, etc.
- Suggest and implement improvements to both the design and content of proposals in order to keep DRC competitive.
- Assist with online searching, site registrations, and monitoring activities to identify relevant RFPs.
- Organize, update, and maintain file directories of business development materials.
- Support other business development initiatives as needed (materials for oral presentations/site visits, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in English, Education, Business Administration, Marketing or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of work experience in communications, technical writing, marketing, business development, proposal development, or related field.
- Excellent writing and proofreading/editing skills and the capability to produce text that is clear, easily understood, and well organized.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills. Ability to interact with multiple levels of internal resources, external clients, and vendors.
- Strong attention-to-detail and organizational skills.
- Project management experience and skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and solve problems and issues independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and familiar with all other Microsoft office programs, Adobe Acrobat, and Visio.
- Knowledge of the survey industry preferred
Essential Job Requirements:
- Report to work promptly when scheduled
- Be able to work with little supervision
- Be able to accept feedback from various stakeholders
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Relate effectively and work respectfully with diverse work groups
- Ability to consistently perform well during times of increased work load
- Set and meet deadlines
- Manage multiple job functions simultaneously
- Other duties as needed
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
- Ability to sit and/or stand for up to 8 hour periods of time
- Ability to look at a computer monitor, utilize a keyboard and/or mouse for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds as necessary
DRC retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Data Recognition Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V