Medical Billing Specialist II - South Metro
We have an immediate opening for a Medical Billing Specialist II to join our client's team. This is a contract to hire opportunity with an organization in the south metro! The Medical Billing Specialist II will be responsible for submitting and following up on claims with insurance companies in order to receive payment for services. This position will also help with various accounts receivable duties as needed. We are looking for someone who has experience in medical billing, is very detail oriented, and is looking for a company where they can take on multiple projects/duties. If this sounds like you then please submit your resume today!
- Use patient data to produce and submit claims to insurance companies.
- Working directly with the insurance company, healthcare providers, and the patient to get claims processed and paid.
- Reviewing, resubmitting and appealing unpaid and denied claims.
- Answering patients’ billing questions when needed.
- Collaborating with staff from other departments to solve billing issues.
- Establishing payment plans and collecting customer payments in accordance with due dates when needed.
- Posting payments to client accounts in multiple databases.
- Preparing and maintaining various reports on a regular basis.
- Reconciling Accounts Receivable to the General Ledger.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalency (Associate's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field preferred).
- 2+ years of experience with medical billing.
- Detail oriented and able to work on multiple projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.