Voluntary Services Officer
The Voluntary Service Officer serves with full delegated authority and responsibility for developing, managing, administering, and evaluating a highly complex Voluntary Service and community resource program including Recreation Therapy, Patient Transport (escort) services and two (2) Fisher Houses at the VA Health Care System located in Minneapolis, MN. The medical center is classified as a tertiary care and Clinical Referral Level 1A Facility.Responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the operation, coordination, and evaluation (internal and external) of the Volunteer management function.
- Managing the General Post Funds and other financial accounts.
- Coordinates volunteer participation in numerous services and specialized programs.
- Develops innovative and creative community outreach programs that provide volunteers and financial resources.
- Writes and/or supervises the preparation of all statistical and narrative reports required by management.
- Performs special projects and/or chairing special committees or events.
- Coordinates all cash and material donations.
- Develops long range and short-term goals and objectives, measures of program assessment, quality assurance, and coordination and management of human resources (volunteers and staff) and financial resources
Position Description/PD#: Voluntary Services Officer/60580-0 GS 11 Travel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.Supervisory status Yes Promotion Potential 11