Registered Nurse Hospice & Palliative Care Ward 1D
1D is a 10 bed Extended Care unit specializing in providing palliative and hospice care to our veterans. The inpatient staff nurse on 1D works rotating tours of duty, including weekends and holidays, to meet unit and resident care needs. RN experience is required for this position, and Hospice experience preferred. Certification in hospice will be encouraged during employment.Responsibilities
Basic skills include:
· In depth assessments of body systems (skin, bowel, bladder, neuromuscular, nutrition, mental health (delirium, dementia, depression,).
· Knowledge of Long Term Care standards and best practice.
· Delegation, accountability, and team leading with differing levels of skilled nursing.
· Complex discharge planning, knowledge of community resources.
· Problem solving and troubleshooting
· Ability to work with patients and families who are going through grieving process.
· Astute pain assessment, and interventions including non-pharmacological interventions.
· Ongoing training for specialized equipment.
· Utilize the nursing process in managing, developing, implementing, and evaluating each resident's individual plan of care with the interdisciplinary team to attain specific clinical outcomes.
· Provide a full range of nursing care to residents with a variety of physical and/or behavioral problems.
· Demonstrate leadership in delivering and improving holistic care through collaborative strategies with others.
· Participates in quality improvement activities and the evaluation of caregiver issues
· Assess learning needs of veterans, caregivers, and staff.
· Work collaboratively with all levels of health care professional and support staff to facilitate positive resident care outcomes.
· Effectively communicate with veterans, caregivers, visitors, and members of the interdisciplinary team
· Guide and direct resident care delivery of support staff
Work Schedule: This RN position is for Full-time day/ night rotation, and includes weekend rotations.
Not requiredSupervisory status No Promotion Potential 3