Registered Nurse- Ely VA Outpatient Clinic
Come explore this great destination for outdoor recreation year-round! Activities range from snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, dogsledding, camping, fishing, and hiking. This area also boasts a close proximity to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness.Responsibilities
The RN Care Manager uses the nursing process and evidence-based practice to collaborate with the Core Team (Patient, Primary Care Provider, RN Care Manager and Patient Support Technician) and Expanded Team (family/caregiver, internal and community-based services involved in providing care to the patient) in developing the patient-driven holistic care plan for life. The RN Care Manager is a member of the core team. The RN Care Manager is responsible for collaborating with services internal and external to the VA to facilitate care transition in order to effectively meet the patients' needs. The RN Care Manager provides patient and family health education with a focus on self-management, prevention, and wellness, based on the patient's goals. The RN Care Manager demonstrates leadership by serving as an advocate for patients, team player to colleagues as an advocate for patients, team player to colleagues as she/he continues to enhance his/her own and the team's professional growth, development and practice.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge in assessing planning, implementing, documenting, and evaluating care for a designated group of patients across the continuum of care.
- Recognizes the age related cognitive, physical, emotional, and chronological maturation needs of the adult and geriatric patient.
- Triages and applies a collaborative team approach in identifying, analyzing, and resolving patient care problems.
- Collaborates with patients to assess and identify needs, issues, care goals, and resources in critical factors for achieving desired outcomes for discharge, post hospital recovery and health maintenance/wellness.
- Maintains current knowledge of multidisciplinary resources, programs and services, referring patients for community resources as appropriate.
- Promotes wellness by empowering the patient to self-management through education and patient-driven health care delivery.
Experience Preferred: 3 or more years of RN experience preferred Travel Required
Occasional travel - Occasional travel between clinic sites may be expected.Supervisory status No Promotion Potential 3