Health Technician (Telehealth Clinical)- Advanced
The Health Technician (Telehealth Clinical)- Advanced is located at the Minneapolis VA. This position will be will be split between the VISN 23 Telehealth Hub and VISN 23 Facilities and Administrative Offices. This is to ensure telehealth technologies, telecommunications, and equipment are operational within the Network. The Advanced TCT will report to the VISN 23 Telehealth Hub Associate Director Operations with dotted line responsibility to the VISN 23 Telehealth Technology Program Manager.Responsibilities
This position functions above the full performance level for the Health Technician (Telehealth Clinical) position and serves in an advanced role. The Health Technician (Advanced) will work primarily with the Telehealth Technology Program Manager on technical projects as well as work independently to assess and manage telecommunications issues. Major duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the VISN 23 Telehealth Technology Program manager in complex technical projects that include, but are not limited to: new telehealth or associated equipment and/or software, equipment modernization, and scheduled equipment refreshes, that requires a broad IT knowledge base or learning complex technical specification information and associated skills related to IT infrastructure information and equipment;
- Providing established standardized competency based training for telehealth technology, facilitating interactive simulations for clinical staff participating in telehealth programs;
- Organizing and maintaining a system to track VISN 23 telehealth equipment and work with the national office in VISN Refresh and Modernization efforts;
- Providing established standardized competency based training, guidance and information on the use of advanced telehealth technologies to patients, staff, and providers;
- Participating in performance improvement activities aimed at improving the efficiency of the patient telehealth processes;
- Developing reporting procedures, sampling techniques and measurements at various points in the telehealth processes to identify/analyze inherent weaknesses in work and procedures;
- Coordinating clinic set up and monitoring of workload capture and issues for assigned patient and provider clinics including telehealth resource based scheduling;
- Supporting designated complex telehealth programs that require advanced technical skillsets'.
- Managing clinical data for store and forward telehealth (SFT), clinical video telehealth (CVT), and VA video connect (VVC).
- Assisting with receiving and scheduling requests for simple and complex intra-facility, and inter-facility telehealth; appointments using an electronic resource-based scheduling system.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This position may be authorized for Telework. Telework, if approved, would be on an AD-HOC basis Travel Required
25% or less - Travel to various VA and non-VA sites to provide instruction/ assistance with telehealth services.Supervisory status No Promotion Potential 7