Employee will be assigned to the Mental Health Service Line, VA Healthcare System, St. Cloud, MN, assisting the Veteran in establishing the most therapeutic course of treatment in an effort to overcome problems related to both chemical dependency and mental health concerns.Responsibilities
Duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Provides primary case management responsibilities for the chemical dependency and mental health treatment for a panel of veterans; applies concepts, theories, and techniques to both individuals and groups learning to cope with mental health and/or addiction concerns; and observes and documents patient behaviors and patterns.
- Attempts to involve the family, significant others, and community resource agents (i.e., community providers, veteran service officers, mental health centers, etc.) in the treatment of the veteran; and conducts regular ongoing sessions with family members in accordance with patients' rights.
- Initiates the patient treatment planning process and collaborates regularly with other disciplines regarding evaluation of patients for mental health and addiction treatment; documents assessments based on the background and medical history; assigns appropriate therapeutic interventions to meet individual needs; and reviews and incorporates assessments, including psychological testing, from other services in assigning therapeutic interventions on the treatment plan.
- Provides supportive care, resource specific assistance and, when necessary, crisis intervention assistance to veterans, their families and referring agencies.
- Assists in the community placement of the veteran after completion of the treatment program, including initiating contact with community or VA resources; provides resources about available benefits and services; and may assist in the placement of veterans being referred to halfway houses or other structured living arrangements.
- Facilitates daily psycho-education and discussion groups designed to educate veterans on various aspects of chemical dependency.
- Works with other mental health disciplines in reviewing and improving treatment services offered; and keeps abreast of current literature in the field of chemical dependency.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm with occasional rotating weekends.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
DESIGNATED DRUG-TESTING POSITION: Applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA. Applicants will not be appointed to the position if a verified positive drug test result is received.Travel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status No Promotion Potential 9