AP Business Partner Distribution Center
Description: Assets Protection Business Partner(59939) Leadand support the company strategy for Assets Protection (AP) within Distribution Centers (DCs). Support and drive DC and non-exempt AP leaders to lead: safe and secure, theft and fraud and shortage culture. Drive the DC strategy and long term goals in order to align with AP priorities.About Us: Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.One of the world's leading and most recognized brands requires an industry-leading Assets Protection team who ensures the safety and security of our teams, guests, stores and merchandise. We use preventive techniques to maintain a comfortable, safe and secure environment, whether within our stores, our headquarters or our distribution centers. Here, you'll help promote a culture of mindfulness around safety and security while preventing and responding to incidents that fall within our many areas of expertise.Use your talents and experience to lead, champion and influence. As an APBP, you will:
- Drive company strategy for AP within designated DC group; and maintain a safe and secure environment; increase profitability and reduce shortage.
- Ensure AP leaders are following safe and secure and shortage best practices.
- Monitor and assist leadership with incident response resolution.
- Develop and maintain strong AP relationships with DC leaders influencing and educating on AP process and key initiatives.
- Drive new initiatives including coaching teams through change.
- Teach, coach and train AP and DC leaders on workload prioritization and execution.
- Partner with AP leaders to ensure all physical security compliance expectations are being executed effectively (key control, alarms, etc.).
- Identify and provides feedback related to safe and secure and operational opportunities.
- Teach, coach and train DC and AP leaders through high level response to crisis and security incidents; follow up and provide feedback to leaders.
- Monitor AP results at group level to meet business goals and share results.
- Oversee the execution of AP leaders to meet goals and objectives by conducting visits and leveraging available reporting.
- Consult, support and engage Investigations to drive execution of theft and prevention tactics.
- Drive a shortage culture and shortage awareness through education and training with all building leaders.
- Train AP leaders to lead the AP team on key priorities for: brand, safe and secure, and shortage.
- Coach and develop AP leaders to create a positive work environment and promote personal and professional development at all levels.
- Provide talent assessment of AP team and clearly communicate to leaders for succession planning and talent routines.
- Support onboarding for new-in-role AP leaders, including interviews and offers
- Be actively involved in building a bench at all levels.Job duties may change at any time due to business needsAbout you:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with leading, coaching and training of team of indirect reports
- Prioritizes tasks and responsibilities; focuses on the things that are most important, ensures that best practices are followed
- Ability to influence key partners without authority
- Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, and decision making ability
- Ability to establish and maintain cross-functional and positive working relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced time management and organization skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to travel - 25%