Customer Service Representative
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Our client is seeking a contract CSR to join their team. $13-15 DOQ
The CSR is responsible for taking detailed orders from customers, verifying customer expectations, and accurately entering orders. The CSR is also responsible for working directly with contracted drivers and carriers to ensure the timely delivery of freight to the customer, which includes daily tracking and tracing from pick-up to final delivery.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Gather all pertinent order information from our customers regarding service level, pick-up and delivery requirements, available freight dollars and other considerations.
· Monitor the progress of the carrier daily (track/trace) and assist the carrier with questions/issues from pick-up through delivery.
· Document all issues and changes to initial agreements with carriers and customers thoroughly for subsequent payment and billing issues, respectively.
· Notify customers (external and internal) immediately of any problems with shipments.
· Make sure that all information entered in the order is timely, complete and accurate and prepare orders for audit and billing.
· Identify those shipments that are very time sensitive and monitor closely.
· Assist other CSRs and team members as needed.
· Assist Dispatchers with various requests such as (but not limited to), pick-up and delivery appointments, revised carrier rate confirmations, and trouble-shooting problem shipments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Good oral communication skills.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
· Experience working in a customer service position.
Apply for Customer Service Representative
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly