Energy Program Associate/Bilingual
2 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Department: Energy Assistance
Salary: $18.11/Hour (Bilingual Rate)
Language: Spanish Preferred
Schedule: M-F, Seasonal
Under the direction of the Energy Program Manager, this position is responsible for reviewing applications, ensuring accurate information, coordinating energy crisis situations, and following-up with clients to ensure services received, accurate information collected and other tasks that require energy programs knowledge and experience.
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive)
- Perform client intake to determine eligibility for services via telephone, in person, mail, or through homebound or co-location visits.
- Collect, verify and certify all program intake information as required for the services within the agency. Maintain the agency client information database making corrections, additions and deletions as required.
- Explain Community Action services to applicants and review their application. Inform clients of program guidelines, rights and responsibilities. Refer clients with multiple needs to appropriate Community Action programs and/or other appropriate community programs.
- Perform outreach duties to inform and recruit program participants, as assigned.
- Perform referrals to other Community Action programs and the community resources as requested or as need is identified.
- Assist participants in an emergency situation by obtaining crisis application information, determining eligibility, negotiating with energy supplier or other agencies and guaranteeing payment to vendor so as to alleviate the crisis situation.
- Review intake applications for completeness and accuracy; determine eligibility status, as appropriate for the program’s service. Responsible for peer to peer review of applications and authorizations of payment.
- Perform general reception duties, including receiving and directing applicants and visitors.
- Receive and route phone calls, taking messages as needed and scheduling intake appointments as assigned.
- Maintain knowledge of Community Action programs and their eligibility criteria as well as other organizations for referral purposes.
- AA degree in an administrative support, business or social services field and 1 year of experience in social services, customer service or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Language fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Experience with government regulations.
- Experience including intake, referral, advocacy and outreach preferred.
- Knowledge of Community Action programs and their eligibility criteria beneficial.
- Knowledge of computers and related software applications including Microsoft Office Suite, Google docs and e-mail. Strong technical aptitude.
- Customer service, negotiation and crisis intervention skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with multi-ethnic and varied socio-economic individuals.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines and function independently.
- Knowledge of public assistance systems, client rights and responsibilities.
Community Action offers excellent benefits including generous paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, health, dental & life insurance, retirement, employee discount programs and more.
CAPRW conducts criminal background checks at the time of hire. Some positions require additional fingerprint and photo verification. Not all backgrounds are a barrier to employment.
Posting Dates: 7/18/2018-Until Filled
Complete our online application at:
Visit our Facebook page at:
and click on “Careers”