Public Safety Officer/Intercampus Shuttle Driver - Fulltime
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
St. Catherine University is accepting applications for a 0.77 FTE, full-time Public Safety Officer in its Public Safety Department. The primary role of this Public Safety Officer/Intercampus Shuttle Driver, is to provide transportation services between the St. Paul and Minneapolis campuses. The secondary function of this role is to provide support to the university as a Public Safety Officer during times of low staffing and special events. Typical schedule will consist of 40 hours a week, August through May. Salary Range: $16.00-$22.00 depending on qualifications.
Public Safety Officers are responsible for creating and maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and effectively handling emergency/crisis situations such as severe weather, medical emergencies, assaults, and fire. Public Safety has officers on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Provide point-to-point service for University shuttle transportation schedule in designated University vehicle.
Secondary Responsibilities (when called upon to assist):
• Effective patrol of buildings and grounds.
• Locking and unlocking buildings according to designated schedules.
• Responding to calls for assistance and providing escort services.
• Enforcing parking regulations.
• Providing effective response, investigation, and documentation of unusual or criminal incidents, medical emergencies, and fire alarms.
• As a dispatcher, handle incoming calls and monitor responses.
• Conduct routine safety inspections of buildings and grounds using OSHA and other regulatory guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must have a history of a clean driving record and meet University Van Certification qualifications.
• High school diploma or G.E.D required; Associate or Bachelor's degree in law enforcement, social service, or criminal justice preferred.
• A minimum of three months experience in customer service, community engagement or volunteer work is required; One year of experience in public safety in an institutional or campus setting preferred.
• Candidates must have strong leadership, decision-making, critical thinking, and problem solving abilities.
• Verbal and written communication skills are a must; PC experience helpful.
• Priority will be given to those candidates with current First Aid and CPR certification.
• Candidates must have the ability to work with cultural and gender diversity.
• Must consent to finger printing and criminal history (background) investigation.
The successful candidate must have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org