Design Director PD&D - Women's Apparel
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Description: PRODUCTDESIGN DIRECTOR - WOMEN'S APPAREL About us:Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.At the heart of one of the world's best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Product Development & Design organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market's needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on home, hardlines or apparel & accessories categories. Here, you'll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop. A role with the Design team means a big opportunity to start from scratch and create something truly original. Are you a design expert who can support your business by staying one step ahead of industry trends, new materials and techniques? Can you demonstrate the utmost attention to detail and create products that are unprecedented in the marketplace for their design and quality for the price? Then you'll have success on our Design team who owns the design and development of all Target-owned brands, from apparel to home goods, and beauty to essentials. In close partnership with our merchant and sourcing counterparts, you'll drive brand cohesion and continuity, ensuring that our products meet the merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction. Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Product Design Director, you'll take the lead as you…
- Provide vision for brand concept and lead team through execution of product design.
- Partner with Divisional Merchandise Manager to align on business priorities and assortment architecture, builds resources (internal and external) needed to deliver on assortment needs.
- Drive financial results by providing design solutions for business opportunities that are differentiated from the market place and unique to Target, including business shifts, key initiatives, new product concepts and seasonal focuses.
- Lead Division through seasonal trend research, design and product development processes.
- Manage the integrity of Target brands by delivering appropriate "point of view" and "point of difference". Ensure consistency across Divisions within each brand.
- Ensure product assortment is appropriate for the designated Target guest segments and deliver on "Expect More, Pay Less".
- Lead the aesthetic execution of product, including: color, fabric/finish standards, print and pattern, expression of fit and trim/findings and any other materials.
- Lead, develop and manage team members. Set clear objectives, provide ongoing performance feedback, and evaluate potential.
- Leverage cross-company synergy within Target and evolve and champion the design role.
- 4-year degree in Design, Fine Arts or related degree.
- 15+ years of experience in product design and development in a retail or wholesale environment, with a successful track record.
- 15+ years of experience in RTW design and development
- Domestic and oversea market travel experience.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability of product development teams.
- Demonstrated high taste level and creative ability with strong commercial sense.
- In depth knowledge of design and product development processes, including textiles and garment manufacture and demonstrated expertise in color, fabric, pattern, fit and garment execution.
- Consumer orientation.
- Successful team leadership overseeing team size of ten or more