IT Business Analyst
2 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Days: Monday - Friday
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
As the voice of the customer the BA owns gathering, documenting and communicating the business and system requirements that define the proposed solution. Translates user's needs into functional and technical requirements using business process maps, user stories, use cases and diagrams that will be used by users, vendors, developers with integrating/developing, testing and deploying the new solution. Serves as conduit between the customer community and IT teams.
This position is also responsible for ensuring all application deployments meet the defined system requirements, meet the quality levels required of the application, and all known defects are acknowledged. Engages the business key stakeholders to facilitate the preparation, timely execution of, and signoff of Quality Assurance (QA) testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT). As needed, the position supports testing in Client Acceptance Testing (CAT), and participates in project post implementation reviews to evaluate client satisfaction with the level of quality delivered.
- Drives requirements creation using interviews, document analysis, requirement workshops, surveys, site visits, use cases, user stories, screen mockups, time/task studies and workflow and As Is and To Be business process analysis. .
- Analyzes information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, and decomposes high level information into detailed functional and technical requirements. Clarifies and prioritizes required and optional needs with end users.
- Proactively communicates and collaborates with staff to validate the information needs and functional/technical requirements delivered through prescribed artifacts in accordance with recognized principles of business analysis. Challenges business partners on their assumptions and execution of plans.
- Create test strategies, test designs and plans, test cases, and risk analysis.
- Executes testing of software and hardware, and communicates test results and risks to project stakeholders to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications as critical input to Release Readiness planning. The types of testing to be performed as determined by the Business Analyst includes; functional, regression, system, end to end, integration, stress/performance testing. A form of User Acceptance Testing will always be performed and documented.
- Reviews and provides oversight into testing performed by assigned resources outside of the Project team (e.g. Engineers, Business Representatives.)
- Any combination of post-secondary education in Business, Information Technology or related IT field and applications experience to equal seven years.
- Ability to understand the business and technical requirements of a system and its impact on other systems.
- Ability to communicate ideas and concepts in both a technical and user friendly manner.
- Able to understand functional and technical characteristics of hardware/software platforms of each product/project assigned.
- Understanding of enterprise-wide analysis tools (such as MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Visio and MS Project Pro) and techniques.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills and sound judgment.
- Knowledge and understanding of configuration, change and release processes.