Assistant Golf Professional
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Provides guests with assistance and instruction in golf on a daily basis, during tournaments and special events, and other golf needs at The Meadows at Mystic. Supervises the daily operations of the Golf Pro-Shop, along with the day to day activities of the outside services department. Strives to provide the highest standards of excellence in golf programming for guests.
- Provides direction for the Starters and ensures daily starting schedule is maintained and adhered to. Additionally, monitor the pace of play and work with guests to ensure an excellent golf experience for all.
- Assists in the planning and coordination of golf tournaments and special events. Serves as an official during tournaments and events as needed. Maintains and operates tournament software.
- Actively involved in the promotion of play, golf instruction, tournaments, and special events through mass media and individual guests.
- Inspects the golf course and related areas and makes recommendations to the Head Golf Professional for changes or improvements.
- Conducts golf clinics, training programs, and provides individualized golf instruction for all skill-levels of play.
- Interpret and enforce golf rules and regulations.
- Supervises the daily operations of the Golf Pro-Shop. Responsible for receiving, pricing and stocking incoming merchandise. Conducts quarterly physical inventory of merchandise.
- Provides direction for the Outside Services/Beverage Assistants. Ensures golf carts are readily available for guests. Ensures beverage/snack operation runs smoothly, profitably, efficiently and within the guidelines. Maintain inventory. Conducts daily operations in adherence to policy, procedures and safety standards, including responsible alcohol service.
- Interviews, selects, hires, and promotes employees, including training, development, performance management, and supervisory actions as needed.
- A combination of post-secondary education in Professional Golf Management or related field and work experience as a golf professional to equal three years.
- PGA certified golf professional or certification eligible; or post-secondary degree in Professional Golf Management.
- Requires knowledge of agronomy and turf grass management practices; a working knowledge of golf facility construction principles, practices and methods; and a thorough understanding of the rules and strategies of the game of golf.
- Ability to perform and/or manage multiple tasks, projects, and priorities.
- Excellent guest service and communication skills.
- Basic computer proficiency to include word processing, electronic mail, and related business software.
- On feet or standing 90% of shift.
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
- Outside work 90% of time - subject to weather conditions, heat, sun, rain, wind.