Temporary Recruiter for Law Admissions
5 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Temporary Recruiter for Law Admissions
Posted Date 3 weeks ago(7/24/2018 6:14 AM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 2018-3541
Department/Unit School of Law
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Temporary Staff
Assigned Months per Year Temporary/On-Call
Benefits Eligible No
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Temporary Seasonal Recruiter position within the School of Law.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
The Seasonal Recruiter reports to the Assistant Dean of Admissions and assists with the planning and implementation of recruitment program activities. This position will help coordinate on- and off-campus programs and counsel students regarding the admissions and financial aid process. The Seasonal Recruiter will assist in electronic communication and recruiting with prospective and admitted students.
Specific duties include assisting the admissions effort of the School of Law, including managing admissions-related projects, managing and reporting recruitment data, coordinating the marketing communication sequence, and planning recruiting events. The Seasonal Recruiter will develop relationships with prospective students and pre-law advisors and participates in off-campus recruitment efforts. The Seasonal Recruiter will travel extensively from September-November to fairs and forum throughout the country. Extensive travel is required.
The Seasonal Recruiter position is for the fall 2018 recruitment season from August-December. The Seasonal Recruiter will be eligible to apply for the long term permanent Assistant Director of Admissions Position.
- Participate as one of the primary contacts for travel and coverage of national recruitment events. As part of this effort, the seasonal recruiter will develop an understanding of past recruitment efforts to have a clear understanding of the success and failures of the previous recruiting efforts, and to further improve the focus of our ongoing efforts. Further develop relationships with pre-law advisors throughout the nation by attending personal campus visits, and attending institutionally sponsored recruiting events.
- Entertain personal visits, email, and telephone conversations with prospective and admitted students to address their specific questions and concerns and to further market St. Thomas Law and its programs.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Two years of experience in an academic setting
- Must have access to transportation
- Must have strong verbal communication skills including a proven track record of effective public speaking. Must have proven written communication skills along with detail oriented organizational skills.
- Must be willing and available to travel nationally.
- Law degree is preferred
- Previous experience in admissions
- Would prefer candidates have knowledge of ABA and LSAC Standards.
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer