6 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Reinhart Foodservice currently has an opening for an Overnight Transportation Supervisor.
The Transportation Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day oversight of Reinhart's transportation operations.
The Supervisor is responsible for engaging the Transportation team through a focus on safety, clear communication and accountability regarding compliance.
Required Skills and Experience:
• High School degree or GED.
• 2+ years of supervisory experience.
• Demonstrated ability to engage a team.
• Strong communication skills, including verbal, listening and written.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Proficient with Routing Programs such as RoadNet and XRS.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• College degree.
• Food service distribution experience.
• CDL Class A in some locations.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
• Provide supervision to daily transportation operations including planning, scheduling manpower and equipment of hourly workforce, establishing an environment that maximizes employee involvement and morale.
• Responsible for ensuring quality standards and productivity goals are achieved for receipt and shipment of product. This includes possessing the skills to perform the functions listed below while continuing to structure and develop the department.
• Ensures compliance with all DOT regulations and reporting.
• Oversees and manages fleet repairs and maintenance including but not limited to driver repair reporting, repair scheduling, budgeting, adherence to vendor turnaround commitments, etc.
• Manages scanner inventory and repairs.
• Ensures timely and accurate reporting to relevant entities (IFTA, EAM, etc)
• Oversees driver scheduling.
• Serves as back-up in the absence of the Router.
• Assists in driver recruitment.
• Oversees day to day communication with relevant departments.
• Oversees injury and accident investigations and ensures timely accident/injury reporting
• All other duties as assigned.
Reinhart is part of the Reyes Holdings family of businesses, a global food and beverage distribution enterprise and one of the largest privately held companies in the United States. Reinhart Foodservice is committed to providing the best food and service solutions to get it right for our customers daily. We seek the best people to service unique markets with varying cuisines, tastes, flavors and ingredients.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.
Apply for Transportation Supervisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly