Maintenance Technician I
Des Moines Street Village, Bloomsbury Village, Stewart Park Apartments, Stewart Park Townhomes
Des Moines, IA
CommonBond is excited to announce that we are looking for a Maintenance Technician I for 4 apartment buildings/ townhomes within close proximity located in Des Moines, Iowa.
The primary responsibility is to ensure the timely completion of all assigned maintenance duties and other tasks. Duties include performing repairs, preparing units and completing preventative maintenance.
Shift: full time plus on-call
• Ensures timely completion of all assigned work orders.
• Completes basic building repairs related to air conditioner units, air exchange systems, electrical work, carpentry, fixtures, plumbing, appliances and windows.
• Completes preventative maintenance, grounds maintenance, basic housekeeping tasks and general upkeep including painting apartments or touch ups as need
• Assists in prioritizing work orders and monitoring maintenance of buildings and equipment.
• Prepares and cleans vacant units as assigned.
• Responsible for on call emergency maintenance service as scheduled.
• Interacts with residents, vendors and fellow employees in a respectful and professional manner, treating others with dignity and empathy.
• Works with management to ensure all activities are conducted in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws.
• Clear, concise communication with property manager and regional maintenance supervisor on work schedule for assigned sites, purchases, work order and unit turnover status, on-call work and preventative maintenance.
• Follows all CommonBond safety policies and local, state and federal regulations.
• Inspects equipment before each use; uses personal protective equipment when necessary.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS • High school graduate or equivalent. • Special Boiler License or ability to obtain. • Basic computer skills including ability to send and receive emails, enter hours • worked on internet based system and access/perform data entry in Microsoft Office products. • Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation. • Must be able to work on call, weekends and the first and last day of each month; must be available for overtime as is needed. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS • Ability to stand, walk, reach, climb, bend and kneel. • Ability to lift up to 30 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally. • Ability to reach above and below the shoulders. • Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist and pull. • Withstand external weather conditions such as working outside in the rain, cold, heat or other adverse weather. rec:soc