Restaurant Chef/Kitchen Manager - Buffet
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Assists in managing the culinary operations of the assigned outlet to ensure proper and timely food preparation to compliment and enhance guest's gaming experience.
Assists Executive Chef or LSC Restaurant Manager with budget preparation.
- Interviews, selects, hires, and promotes team members; plans training and development in conjunction with Human Resources Development, and completes performance appraisals, disciplinary actions and terminations. Schedules staff to match business needs.
- Ensures the quality and consistency of all products.
- Maintains proper rotation of products.
- Performs cooking functions as assigned.
- Maintains sanitation through regular inspections of equipment, supplies and proper food storage.
- Ensures compliance with all prescribed food and safety standards.
- Plans weekly and daily specials.
- Any combination of culinary education and/or cooking experience to equal five years, including three years of experience at Sous Chef level.
- The ability to communicate basic information and ideas in spoken English so others will understand.
- Basic knowledge of sanitation practices, quality control, recipe interpretation and prep duties.
- Must pass Cook I test.
- Must complete formal tasting audition in the presence of the Executive Chef.
- Some experience with word-processing, spreadsheets, database and electronic mail software.
- On feet or standing 98% of shift.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Exposure to varied temperatures between freezers and hot line equipment.