Data Recognition Corporation, Maple Grove MN
Company cannot provide sponsorship for this position
Please, no agencies or third parties
This position works as a member of a project team to gather business requirements and create functional specifications needed to meet or exceed customer expectations. Systems Analysts work primarily on more complex business processes or projects as a liaison between DRC Information Systems Teams and the end clients (both internal and external). Important skills include business process re-engineering expertise, the ability to guide the approach and process for requirements gathering, business case development, and JAD sessions. Provide estimates to complete projects, identify and track scope changes, coordinate handoff between Information Systems departments, and provide input to schedules. May also manage contract scope, facilitate/lead team meetings, and coach, mentor or provide work direction to lower level analysts.
This position will research problems, understand and follow DRC standards and best practices, support and interact with development team to meet project requirements. Other duties include writing technical specifications while acting as liaison between business users and development.
Data Recognition Corporation, a leading provider of educational assessment test services and a full service survey organization, has excellent full-time opportunities available!
- 3+ years experience with requirements gathering tools/techniques, documentation, and systems analysis
- Working knowledge of MS SQL
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment to meet contractual timelines
- Demonstrated experience using a wide range of requirements gathering tools/techniques.
- Experience with data and reporting, in addition to working with a team that understands and supports data.
- Analyze systems problems, develop technical solutions, and provide recommendations utilizing use cases, charts, etc.
- Translate user and/or systems requirements into functional technical specifications.
- Write and maintain detailed requirements documentation, and design documents and data file layouts.
- Act as liaison between technology groups and end users to ensure requirements are met and deliverables meet or exceed expectations.
- Ability to effectively make written and oral presentations to end users and senior management staff
- Ability to work both independently and in teams.
- 4-year/Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science or Business Administration or related field OR equivalent experience plus higher education
No Agencies, Please
Apply directly to this job board or see www.drccareers.com and use job number 2360
Data Recognition Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V