Food Service Worker
The Minneapolis VA Medical Center which is a part of VISN 23, is seeking applications for one or more Part-Time WG-2 (32 hrs. bi-weekly) Food Service Workers for its Nutrition and Food Service line. Multiple selections may be made from this posting.Responsibilities
Incumbent must be able to follow oral and written instruction to perform tasks involving several procedures; exercises judgment in determining priority and sequence of tasks. Able to concentrate on duties despite distractions and interruptions and still achieves successful productivity in the assigned unit. Must be able to count and use simple arithmetic. They must have a working knowledge of s.initatian standards, such as the need to keep wiping cloths in a sanitizing solution.
Duties of a Food Service Worker WG-7408-02 include but are not limited to:
- Cleaning serving areas by sweeping and mopping floors (including tile floors, fixtures, and walls), cleaning refrigerators, dish warmers, and lowerators, tray conveyors, and carts, coffee dispensers, toasters, and other equipment.
- Transporting tray carts to wards and individually delivering trays directly to the patients' bedside.
- Picking up and cleaning trays returned after meals, washing/storing dishes and utensils, observing aseptic techniques for occasional isolation trays.
- Placing bread in revolving or pop-up type toasters to make toast, inserting ground coffee in automatic coffee dispensers, portioning coffee and other hot beverages for use on tray line, and loading trays into modules and programs ATS carts for transportation.
- Setting up tray lines with silverware, dishes, trays, napkins, and condiments, and restocking cold food stations on tray lines.
- Cleaning and preparing fresh fruits and vegetables using an autowash system.
- Pouring juices and cold beverages in glasses, placing salads and desserts on dishes using a scoop or other utensils, assuring portion control.
- Assisting storeroom attendants with storage of dry and refrigerated operating and subsistence supplies.
Work Schedule: Part-time (32 hrs.bi-weekly - Multiple shifts Includes weekends and holidays).
Position Description Title/PD#: /WG-7408-02 PD# 60195A Travel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status No Promotion Potential 2