Registered Nurse- Cardiology Program Manager
Minneapolis VA Health Care System is a major teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Minnesota and a top ranked tertiary level hospital providing a full range of patient care services with state-of-the-art technology, as well as education and research. Comprehensive health care is provided through primary care, tertiary care and long-term care in areas of medicine, surgery, psychiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation, neurology, oncology, cardiology and extended care.
Registered Nurse- Cardiology Program Manager for both Inpatient & Outpatient settings
As the Program Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with physician departmental leadership.
- Managing the patient Cardiology Procedure environment including pre, intra, and post procedure.
- Managing department budget, supplies, equipment and patient care.
- Personnel management including schedules, counseling, and evaluation of staff.
- Direct supervisor for nursing staff, support staff and radiology technician specialists within the department of Cardiology
- Staff orientation as well as continuing education.
- Representing the department within the organization.
- Resource, program and capital asset planning.
Education/Experience Requirements: Master's degree preferred in nursing or management in addition to 2 or more years of nursing experience in Cardiology. Travel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status Yes Promotion Potential 3