Physician (IM/FP) - Montevideo, VM-0602-00, Primary & Specialty Medicine
The position is for an Internal Medicine/Family Practice physician who will be responsible for delivery of primary care to patients enrolled at the Montevideo Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) of the St. Cloud VA Health Care System.Responsibilities
- The primary care provider is an integral member of the Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) teamlet, similar to a medical home team, and is expected to work closely and coordinate patient care with other PACT teamlet members including nursing, clerical, pharmacy, social worker, dietician, etc. Primary care physicians will participate in daily huddles with other teamlet staff and participate in primary care systems redesign projects.
- A primary care provider in the outpatient setting is assigned a panel of patients to manage under Primary Care Management Model (PCMM) guidelines; recommended panel size at the division level is calculated based on patient complexity, support staff and room availability. Each provider's panel size is specific to their practice and setting.
- Primary Care Physicians may have responsibility for supervision of or collaboration with primary care mid-level providers. Physicians are expected to provide clinical oversight and to participate in peer review of other primary care providers through periodic chart reviews.
- Primary care physicians will act as surrogates for absent primary care providers when needed, to include review of CPRS view alerts.
- Primary care physicians will regularly attend primary care staff meetings, departmental meetings and medical staff meetings.
- Typical work hours are Monday to Friday 8-4.30 PM, and a full time provider is required to work a minimum of 80 hours per pay period. Duties may include evening and weekend working hours.
- Timely documentation (notes and encounter forms) is necessary in all areas in accordance with facility policy. All administrative work should be completed in a timely fashion.
- All physicians will work within their privileges at all times and follow the Medical Bylaws.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
If you are a new Federal Employee or a transfer from another Federal agency, Education Debt Reduction Program funding may be authorized for the health professional education that was required of the position. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
Recruitment Incentive: A recruitment incentive may be authorized.
This is an "Open and Continuous" announcement. Applicants will be reviewed for all required documentation and referred every two weeks until the vacancy is filled.
Not requiredSupervisory status No Promotion Potential 15