Patient Services Assistant-Health Benefits Advisor
The incumbent serves as Health Benefits Advisor in the Eligibly & Enrollment Unit in the Business Office. Primarily responsible for the intake, administrative processes, and outcomes for Veterans and beneficiaries apply for medical services to our Medical Center, Community Based Outpatient Clinics.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, Days
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Patient Services Assistant-Health Benefits Advisor/ 60185-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Duties and responsibilities which may include but, not limited to:
- Determines eligibility for health care and other VA benefits.
- Verifies eligibility/enrollment for benefits.
- Administers income assessment, advises and counsels Veterans and their beneficiaries.
- Obtains and review insurance policy and plans.
- Accurately gathers, updates personal information.
- Skillful in customer service; ability to explain processes, actions, changes and status.
- Interacts with a wide range of individuals with varying degrees of understanding.
Not requiredSupervisory status No Promotion Potential 5