Kids Textile Designer
Description: JOIN US AS A TEXTILE / HYBRID DESIGNER - KIDS SLEEPWEAR AND SWIMDevelops and executes deliveries of Target's owned brand product categories that achieve overall product strategy, brand identity and assortment strategy. Under the overall direction of Design leadership, designs an assigned line or business segment and manages own process and calendar.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Designer and Textile Designer, you'll take the lead as you…
- Integrate hand and computer skills to create original print and pattern designs exclusive to kids Target brands.
- Looking for someone with a strong, creative hand for older boy sleep, swim and outerwear graphics with the ability to flex between categories and genders when needed.
- Stay abreast of benchmarks and market trends through regular competitive shopping and other sources of inspiration. Identify recurring patterns and translate inspiration into a saleable trend.
- Actively participate in creating trend concepts and presentations with design partners. Use trend ideas and inspiration to develop and demonstrate a clear perspective on cycle trends, print and pattern and color for kids swim, outerwear and sleepwear categories.
- Research, develop, and recommend core palette, accent colors, and colorway combinations to product design each season.
- Collaborate with Technical Development and Sourcing teams to ensure textile designs manufacturability and meet set price points. Uses artistic ability to edit and make changes to original designs that integrates key partner feedback
- Actively participate in project analysis to facilitate continuous process improvements, manage resources efficiently, and optimize all aspects of the development process. Assist in the development of product designs that achieve overall product strategy and merchant /design objectives.
- 4-year Degree in design, textiles, fine art or related degree.
- 2-6 years' experience in design and product development processes.
- Proven apparel design expertise and the ability to create graphics and allover prints a must.
- Technical skills: Photoshop/Illustrator and basic computer design system skills.
- Demonstrated high taste level and creative ability including strong color sense, pattern merchandising ability, commercial sense and market knowledge. Ability to research and apply market/trend information to creative collections/concepts and prints.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and problem solving ability.