Senior Application Developer - Monitoring & Telemetry Team
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Description: The Monitoring and Telemetry product team develops innovative ways to enable operational visibility so that proactive actions can be taken at speed and scale.In today's world, Guests' technologies expectations are very, very high. When they login to Target.com, they expect it to be available, performant, and quite simply work. When they choose order pickup, they expect their order to be available for pickup in store the same day in a couple hours. To meet these expectations, Target needs to have confidence that our technologies are meeting the guest's needs. Product teams across all of Target can gain this confidence by consuming Monitoring and Telemetry offerings. We want an application developer who is motivated by solving problems which oftentimes have not been solved anywhere with open source or vendor solutions. Due to Target's sheer size...we manage over a Petabyte of metrics and logs….existing solutions are often not the right ones for us. If you're excited to work on a fast-moving, tightly knit team and build solutions to unsolved problems, we want to meet you.Here's a smattering of approaches important to us, and the technologies we use:
- Everything we do is “as-code” in version control. We don't like clicking buttons or doing things manually.
- All changes go through a pull-request process, so you'll always have a way to thumbs up or down things you catch.
- Nearly everything should have test cases and go through a continuous integration/continuous deployment process.
- Some technologies which are critical to the work we do: Golang, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, GitHub, Drone, Artifactory, Chef, Spinnaker, OpenStack, the elastic stack, Telegraf, InfluxDB, and Grafana.
- Design and implement APIs and microservices that enable scalability of our offerings.
- Design and implement APIs and libraries that make it super simple for customers to consume our offerings.
- Create new and contribute to existing open source projects.
- Design and implement monitors and dashboards of the monitoring product #eatyourowndogfood.
- Design and implement a monitoring product that works seamlessly across cloud, on premise, and distributed environments (aka 1800+ stores).
- Coach product teams on how to apply monitoring & telemetry offerings within their services so that they gain operational visibility to the health and performance of their product.
- Evangelize an Agile mindset within Target.
- Continuously improve #allthethings.
- Experience building and deploying scalable APIs and microservices.
- Version control experience, preferably with Git.
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements.
- Experience with Linux or Unix operating systems including Unix shell and scripting.
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment.
- Experience instrumenting telemetry metrics within an application.
- Previous contributions to open source projects.
- Experience integrating automated performance tests and monitoring solutions with a continuous integration and continuous deployment pipeline.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years total work experience.
- Has in-depth knowledge of state-of-the art engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required by domain.
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise.
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies.