Nurse Practitioner- Rochester MN VA Community Based Outpatient Clinic
Nurse Practitioner- Rochester, MN VA Community Based Outpatient Clinic
The model for care delivery is Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) and is comprised of providers, nursing staff, administrative support and ancillary team members to provide comprehensive, coordinated care delivery individualized for the veteran's needs. The position would require management of a PACT panel of patients.
The Rochester VA Community Clinic is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to provide care to Veterans residing in southeastern Minnesota. Less than 90 minutes from Minneapolis, the city of Rochester lies alongside the south fork of the Zumbro River and encompasses approximately 54 square mile area. Nestled in a valley, Rochester's skyline has tall buildings at the city's center with farm fields in the foreground. It has more than 3500 acres of park land and more than 85 miles of paved trails to explore. This area also boasts a vibrant arts culture, performance centers, music venues and festivals throughout the year.
The position would require management of a PACT (PATIENT ALIGNED CARE TEAM) team of patients. Primary functions of this role include:
- Obtain health history, perform physical exams and documents findings in the medical record
- Order appropriate diagnostic procedures, and act on results
- Prescribe medication, treatments and patient supplies per practice agreement Educate patient/significant others on health care issues (i.e. medications, diet, life style changes and follow up).
- Schedule patients for labs, EKG's, x-rays, procedures and appointments
- Admit patients as needed
- Act as consultant and resource to CBOC personnel
- Participate in performance improvement initiatives
- Independently see patients in clinic.
- Manage complex treatment and medication regimen in outpatient setting Develop, update/maintain and provide education to patients, families and significant others to maximize healthcare outcomes and promote wellness.
APRN Certification: Adult and/or Family Nurse Practitioner Certification preferred.
Experience Preferred: Minimum of 3 years NP experience strongly preferred; NP State Licensure and Certification are required.
Please note- this position is also being announced to physicians as well as physician assistants. Travel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel occasionally to other clinical sites for this position.Supervisory status No Promotion Potential 3