Physician Psychiatrist, VM-0602-00, Mental Health
Clinical services are provided by a physician who has completed residency training in Psychiatry. S/he must be qualified to diagnose, treat, and manage patients with mental illness according to standard, usual, and acceptable methods and techniques.Responsibilities
- Core privileges include admission, evaluation, diagnosis, and provision of treatment including consultation to adult patients presenting with mental, behavioral, addictive or emotional disorders. Privileges include providing consultation to other physicians in other fields, regarding mental health, behavioral or emotional and geriatric disorders, pharmacotherapy, and group and family therapy, behavior modification, consultation to the courts, and emergency psychiatry as well as the ordering of diagnostic, laboratory tests, and prescribing medications. Core privileges also includes care of the ambulatory medically ill patient, including the prescription and ordering of non-psychiatric medications and performing medical history and physical examinations.
- Manage a panel of patients s/he follows on a regular basis and will also see unscheduled patients presenting to the clinic.
- Providing medication management services.
- Coordinate patient care, develop and present treatment plans to the multidisciplinary treatment team; initiates consults, referrals, and psychotherapy as indicated; documents clinical activity in the Veteran's computerized medical record.
- Providing clinical support, guidance and oversight for the MH services of the CBOC MH staff and liaison to Primary Care as needed and directed by MHSL management.
- Serving on at least one Medical Center Committee, or representing the MHSL on special Medical Center projects or initiatives.
- Documenting the care provided in the electronic medical record in a timely and complete fashion.
- Maintain training and waiver for provision of Suboxone as well as other psychiatric interventions deemed necessary by MHSL management.
- Provide some inpatient coverage and on-call responsibility and rotating weekday evening phone coverage.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
EDRP: If you are a new Federal Employee or a transfer from another Federal agency, Education Debt Reduction Program funding may be authorized for the health professional education that was required of the position. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
Recruitment Incentive: A recruitment incentive may be authorized.
This is an "Open and Continuous" announcement. Applicants will be reviewed for all required documentation and referred every two weeks until the vacancy is filled. Travel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status No Promotion Potential 15