Talent Acquisition Manager
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
St. Catherine University invites applications and nominations for the position of Talent Acquisition Manager.
St. Catherine University is a Catholic comprehensive university. Located in the vibrant Twin Cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis, St. Catherine enrolls approximately 4,700 students in three colleges; the College for Women, the Graduate College and the College for Adults. At all degree levels—associate, baccalaureate, masters and doctorate—St. Catherine integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic tradition, emphasizing intellectual inquiry and social teaching, and calling students to transformational leadership. While providing a range of on-line course offerings and popular health-related programs in Minneapolis, most of the curriculum is offered at our picturesque campus in St. Paul.
St. Catherine University has a demonstrated commitment to Inclusive Excellence. This includes a core commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion with and explicit emphasis on equity and excellence in student learning and the work experience. The University is committed to making Inclusive Excellence a reality and has identified “Drive a Culture of Inclusive Excellence” as one of the six strategic priorities in the new University strategic plan. The Talent Acquisition Manager will be expected to have a demonstrated commitment to Inclusive Excellence and will be expected to embed the principles of Inclusive Excellence into the university's talent acquisition plan.
The Talent Acquisition Manager (TAM) will be responsible for the development and execution of a university-wide talent acquisition strategy that provides St. Catherine University with a competitive advantage in acquiring top talent. This strategy will include but not be limited to branding, customized local, regional and national recruitment plans, executive search capability and effective new hire onboarding. The Talent Acquisition Manager will continuously network to develop aggressive sourcing strategies to build and leverage a pool of qualified, diverse talent for open and anticipated positions. The TAM will develop, build and maintain in depth knowledge and expertise of the competitive marketplace and educate business partners and stakeholders. The TAM will work as a strategic partner and as a member of the HR leadership team with campus constituencies to support diversity and inclusion initiatives and foster productive relationships with candidates, hiring departments, and the University community.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Design and manage full cycle recruitment strategies and processes related to sourcing, screening, interviewing, selection, and hiring for all staff and faculty positions, ensuring St. Catherine University's ability to recruit regionally and nationally top talent, including candidates from underrepresented groups.
• Develop local, regional, and national strategies to target active and passive candidates, and build pipelines through standard and creative sourcing strategies, identifying qualified candidates through online sources and relationships with community groups.
• Collaborates with and provide guidance to hiring managers and search committees throughout recruitment cycle and search process and in the establishment of evaluation criteria, and behavioral interviewing resources.
• Lead, develop, and coach a team, demonstrating excellent people management and leadership skills. Serve as a mentor and subject matter expert to guide and set performance standards for the team.
• Partner with senior leaders and other hiring managers to support staff and faculty hiring.
• Act as trusted advisor with senior leaders and hiring managers to understand the University’s hiring needs and develop creative recruitment strategies for acquiring top talent from diverse communities.
• Build networks to find qualified passive candidates, develop pools of “want to hire” candidates in advance of need, and maintain regular contact with possible future candidates. Research and leverage new sources for active and passive recruitment.
• Plan, design, and implement university-wide Talent Acquisition training and education for the campus. Deliver training sessions for hiring managers on recruitment laws, policies, and practices including effective search processes, implicit bias, interview and selection techniques, and facilitate positive hiring manager and candidate experiences. Develop internal educational and change management campaigns to strengthen the assessment and selection of talent.
• Drive and participate in internal and external employment events, and other initiatives that build robust passive and active candidate pipelines.
• Define, track and analyze talent acquisition metrics and develop practical tracking and reporting methods to monitor and improve performance, establish goals / KPIs to drive success.
• Serve as the primary liaison with talent management/applicant tracking system vendor on enhancements and upgrades. Develop training and reference materials for campus constituents.
• Follow up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding our recruiting process and use that feedback to continually evolve and improve our recruiting practice.
• Create and execute on St. Catherine University's employer brand strategy, including innovative ways of utilizing social media.
• Seek out and leverage industry and competitor business trends and best practices to ensure we maintain a competitive advantage.
• Develop, deliver and continually enhance the employee onboarding program using emerging and best practices to ensure a robust and effective program, including managing the electronic onboarding program.
• Integrate talent acquisition plans into an overarching workforce plan to ensure strategic goals related to workforce growth and development are met.
• Serve as liaison with Executive Search Firms and/or Staffing agencies as business needs arise.
• Understands and contributes to implementation of departmental and institutional goals for achieving non-discrimination and creating a respectful, inclusive environment that is supportive of diversity.
Qualifications and Qualities of Leadership:
• Bachelor's degree required degrees in human resources, organization development or a related field preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years of recruiting/talent acquisition experience.
• At least one year of experience in leading talent acquisition.
• PHR or SPHR or SHRM-CP or SHRMSCP certification preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of employment law as it applies to the employment process to ensure compliance with EEO, ADA and FMLA.
• Demonstrated experience in successfully partnering with hiring managers and/or organizational leaders.
• Demonstrated experience and success in developing and executing a talent acquisition strategy.
• Must have experience in utilizing and leveraging social media for recruitment efforts.
• Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions and drive effective organizational change.
• Experience in onboarding and delivering professional development preferred.
• Demonstrated success in collaborating with a variety of individuals and groups to reach resolutions and improve efficiencies.
• Ability to identify and analyze an idea, situation, or problem using logical reasoning and knowledge of institution and own area that result in appropriate and practical solutions for faculty, administration, and staff.
• The successful candidate must demonstrate cultural fluency and the ability to work effectively and respond respectfully to people of all cultural backgrounds, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
• A proven track record of personal accountability, strong work ethic, integrity, and proven organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and familiarity/experience with Google Apps.
• Demonstrated writing and speaking skills and attention to details.
• Excellent customer service skills along with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of personnel data.
Application Process: We value and encourage interest from a diverse pool of qualified candidates. Applicants should electronically submit their application (including a cover letter, resume, and at least three references) to the St. Catherine University Employment Application Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr. Applicant review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/Drug Free Workplace Employer; Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org