Lead Project Manager - Supply Chain, Inventory Planning and Control
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Description: Primary FunctionAs the Lead Project Manager, work closely with Inventory Planning and Control leadership to assist in managing the development of new capabilities to Forecast, Purchase and Position inventory across Target's network of distribution centers and stores. This includes leading the projects and iterative releases associated with the design, launch, improvements and sustainability of purchasing and positioning capabilities across people, processes and technologies. Track issues, risks, metrics, and results across a diverse set of cross-functional process and technology teams, including Store Operations, TTS, Merchandising, Planning, OCM, L&D, Procurement, external vendors, and more. Deliver on the objectives within each space to support the overall development and deployment of modern purchasing and positioning strategy efficiently and effectively. The role requiresa person who ispassionate about their work, has strong executional and collaborative abilities, and a continuous improvement mindset.About Inventory Planning and ControlBe part of nimble and effective team focused on designing, launching and improving future capabilities related to purchasing, positioning and movement of inventory in support of the Global Supply Chain & Logistics vision. Leverage people, process, technology and data to improve the Target Guest experience by having the items in the right place, at the right time and in the right quantities to deliver a reliable guest experience. Primary Responsibilities:
- Structure project management approach and conducts milestone planning and sequencing across all capabilities and across all key partners.
- Develop and administer timetables and coordinate resources to ensure projects are completed on time and in service to the overall strategy.
- Delegate and influence across a diverse set of support and stakeholder groups, ensuring a common understanding of goals and objectives, and identifying and monitoring tasks to ensure timetables are met and resources are coordinated properly.
- Establish and lead daily, weekly or monthly project venues as needed.
- Monitor operations to evaluate results of project deployment including on-going measurement plans.
- Maintain reports and actively communicate project status across multiple forums and audiences by participating in GSCL PMO venues and maintaining project management tools including project timeline, communication plan, dashboards, decision logs, and risk analysis tools.
- Proactively identify risks and drive resolution to obstacles, in partnership with Senior leadership including Directors and Sr. Directors.
- Identify opportunities for synergy and coordination with other efforts both within and outside of GSCL.
- Provide inputs to other future transportation functions, such as metrics development, analytics, and financial modeling.
- Support strategy and business case development on an as needed basis by conducting internal and external research and data analysis or contributing to white papers and other deliverables.
- Understanding of enterprise software development and large scale deployments across People, Process and Technology.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience managing wide scale projects in complex organizations.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects or programs and comfort with project management tools
- Strong communication and facilitation skills that can be tailored to different audiences and environments
- Ability to think in terms of the future state, challenging the status quo, and identifying paths from current to future statue
- Understanding of financial modeling
- Highly flexible and comfortable working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple parallel efforts within a complex, highly matrixed organization
- Comfortable navigating and leading through ambiguous situations, across diverse stakeholders, and influencing without authority
- Experience with inventory management, merchandising and planning functions
- Experience developing or launching new business capabilities
- Must be comfortable working with project management planning and tools.
- Certifications:Project Management Professional (PMP) or Agile credential
- MBATarget Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we're looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in Network Planning and Global Intelligence means creating industry leading intelligence solutions to drive best in class omnichannel guest experiences at the lowest cost to Target. You might focus on enabling the future transportation operating model, optimizing inventory management, driving topology planning or leveraging deep business insights and analytics to propel Target's supply chain. As a network steward, we create forecasts, design inventory optimization strategies and leverage technology to ensure our inventory is available at the right time, in the right places and quantity to meet the needs of our guests, stores and operational goals. Super-powered first and foremost by our people, and supported by robust process and technology, we are a team of data-focused, curious minds who love to solve hard problems to enable a dynamic, fast paced Supply Chain network.