Materials Handler - mid-shift
This position is responsible for the accurate accounting of all inventoried materials. The position is responsible for adherence to ISO documented procedures and the training/monitoring of temporary (casual) labor force during the peak processing season.
- Assist with daily operations including, but not limited to, picking/pulling orders, staging, auditing, receiving, shipping, cycle counting, secure destruction of material and replenishing bin locations.
- Shipping LTL, Truckload, UPS, FedEx, Courier.
- Utilize IMS system to accurately process inventory transactions.
- Work with team members to Continuously Improve Processes and complete established goals and processes.
- Participate and contribute to team meetings.
- Cross train and be able to successfully participate in all required functions of the Materials Processing Inventory organization.
- Ensure that training follows established ISO procedures and ensures trainees' comprehension.
- Monitor quality of temporary work force and re-train/coach as necessary.
- Safely operate powered equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Power equipment Certification and experience operating a STAND-UP Forklift, riding pallet jack, and powered walk behind pallet jack.
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing. Ability to read English.
- Ability to take work direction from established Leads.
- Basic Microsoft skills such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with using IMS (Inventory Management System's) such as HighJump.
Essential Job Functions:
- Report to work promptly when scheduled
- Be able to work under supervision and accept feedback
- Relate effectively and work respectfully with diverse work groups
- Ability to consistently perform well during times of increased work load
- Manage multiple job functions simultaneously
- Ability to work overtime when required
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull objects of 50 pounds or more routinely
- Ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to handle repetitive motions.
- Ability to operate a standup fork truck for up to 8 hours per day
Data Recognition Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.