The Minneapolis VA Health Care System is recruiting for a part-time (16 hours per week) Housekeeping Aide to serve as members of the Environmental Management Service (EMS). The Housekeeping Aide position performs a full range of cleaning and sanitation work through-out the hospital. The Housekeeping Aide Foreman schedules assignments and spot checks work for compliance with quality and performance standards.
The Housekeeping Aide positions will be located within the Environmental Management Service, Sanitation Operations, at the Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota. As a Housekeeping Aide you will perform a full range of light and heavy cleaning duties and routine housekeeping duties.
Duties include but may not be limited to:
- Wall washing, interior and exterior window cleaning.
- Cleaning occupied patient room , discharged patient room cleaning, patient isolation room cleaning.
- Floor care (dust mopping, scrubbing, vacuuming).
- Cleaning fans, blinds, shades, screens, mirrors, doors, and partitions.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms, showers, tubs, elevators, stairwells, entrances, lobbies, porches, and hallways.
- Dust furnishings, administrative and non-housekeeping areas, emptying waste and recycling receptacles.
- Assists in assembling and furniture and/or moving furniture, supplies and equipment.
- Using and caring for industrial type powered vacuum cleaners, floor machines, carpet extractors, and other powered cleaning equipment.
- Housekeeping Aide carry out assignments with minimal supervision.
Work schedule: Weekends Saturday -Sunday 07:00 am - 3:30 am
Position Description Title/PD#: Housekeeping Aide/WG-02 #60217-A Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized Travel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status No Promotion Potential 2