This position is located in the Warehouse area of the Logistics Service in a Veterans Affairs Health Care System and supported catchment area. The position performs warehouse work that involves receiving, storing, selecting, and shipping general and specialized bulk and bin materials and equipment. Assignments include conveying or retrieving recurring supplies, goods, or equipment to/from off-site locations i.e. Outpatient Clinic(s), National Cemetery, and VA Regional offices.Responsibilities
This position serves as a Warehouse Worker located within the Receiving/Distribution area of the Logistics Service in the Veterans Affairs Health Care System performing work that involves receiving, storing, selecting, and shipping general and/or specialized bulk and bin materials and equipment. The primary purpose of this position is to provide warehousing, distribution and receiving of supplies goods and equipment. May require the driving of a vehicle, truck, or van not exceeding 26,000 Gross Vehicle Weight Rate with electrical or hydraulic lift. Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Receives, stores and ships bin and bulk supplies, materials and equipment.
- Prepares shipping and inventory documents for manual or automated inventory systems.
- Selects specific storage locations within framework of general warehousing plan.
- Rotates stock, check for outdated materials and maintains the appropriate safeguards and temperature controls.
- Handles delivering and warehousing materials including hazardous, flammable and temperature sensitive products.
- Participates in conducting inventory of stock on hand and communicates discrepancies.
- Ensures products and shelving are marked with corresponding identification numbers.
- Load and unload shipments from trucks and other material conveyances.
- Makes off-site deliveries in motor vehicles typically with a gross weight of less than 4500 pounds.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Position Description Title/PD#: /23333-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized Travel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status No Promotion Potential 5