Registered Nurse - Gastroenterology Clinic
The Minneapolis VA Health Care System (MVAHCS) is seeking a Registered Nurse to work in the Gastroenterology Clinic. This clinic provides services for inpatient and outpatient Veterans who require therapeutic and diagnostic endoscopic procedures. The GI Clinic is comprised of 6 procedure rooms, one with fluoroscopy capability and a twelve bed recovery room. The most common procedures include Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, EUS, ERCP, and Flexible Sigmoidoscopy.Responsibilities
- Administering moderate sedation, scope cleaning, documentation, use of radiology equipment.
- Working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team across departments.
- Managing daily consults, facilitating physician review, closing consults and facilitating proper scheduling.
- Scheduling of complex procedures taking into account physician availability, bed control and anesthesia as needed.
- Inventory and ordering of specialized GI supplies.
- Membership in Medical Center Committees, Pain, Education, Outpatient Documentation.
- Individual patient education by telephone and in person pre and post procedure.
- Specimen collection and labeling
- Medication administration and education
- Telephone care and triage of the veteran's concern or chief complaint
- Participation in Clinic System Redesign and Quality Improvement projects
Work Schedule: Part-Time (possible option of .6, .7, or .8 FTE) positions available, Monday-Friday, primarily 8:30a-5:00p. However, this role requires participation in the on-call schedule. Employees must be able to arrive at the Minneapolis VA Medical Center within 60 minutes of activation.
Experience: Must have 2 years RN acute care experience; ACLS (plus) ICU, Moderate Sedation and/or GI procedure experience is preferred. Travel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status No Promotion Potential 3