Lead Engineer - Streaming Platform
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Description: Lead Engineer - Streaming PlatformTarget is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation - and right now, we are up to big things.As member of the Streaming Platform team, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maturing the future state of our product offerings.Currently we are working on a new platform that enable teams to take various data sources and create distributable caches, exposing them through highly performant and highly available web APIs.This a brand new project built on cutting edge technology. You will be responsibility for driving key decisions on how Target utilizes technology to solve complicated problems that allow Target to compete in a modern retail environment.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Responsibilities
- Design and implement critical high performance, large-scale services.
- Lead and mentor other engineers on the team to help deliver key functionality
- Provide detailed and constructive design and code reviews.
- Advocate best practices in library usage and end-to-end architecture.
- Seek opportunities to develop horizontal technologies that benefit multiple teams.
- Drive evaluation and learn new tools and technologies to keep technology stack modern as needed for the Product solution.
- Strong JVM skills. We use Java, Groovy and Kotlin.
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience in significant cross-functional engineering efforts
- Experience building and scaling event driven platforms. We use Kafka, Akka Streams, Kafka Streams.
- Experience building high throughput applications using non-blocking technologies (e.g. Rx, Ratpack).
- Experience with Google Cloud or other Cloud offering
- Experience with Netflix Hollow
- Exposure to DevOps tools, processes and culture (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Drone, Git, etc.).
- Awareness of new and emerging technologies.