Hotel Front Office Manager
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: $66,000 - $72,000 based on qualifications
Manages fast-paced, high-volume Hotel Front Office operation, including front desk, bell station, concierge, coat check, and information desk to ensure hospitality guest service standards are achieved in the registration and check-out of hotel guests and the provision of services for other areas. Maintains efficient and effective operations. Uses and maintains multiple computer systems on a daily basis. Responsible for creating, developing and implementing an effective strategy of organization for the hotel, ensuring maximum guest service and satisfaction. Objective is guest retention and repeat hotel stay to support casino. Accountable for meeting projected hotel occupancy and associated revenues. Oversees operational supplies and approves purchase requisitions. Supports and assists the Director of Hotel Operations and in their absence shares pertinent information to the Vice President/GM. Assumes responsibility for a 24/7 operation, to include being on call 24 hours a day.
Prepares and maintains department and 586 hotel room nights budget. Executes necessary controls to ensure compliance with budget. Reviews monthly profit and loss statements and explains variances. Responsible for all casino comp coupons and complimentaries issued and redeemed within the department.
- Manages and coordinates, with the Assistant Front Office Manager and Supervisors, the registration and check-out process of hotel front office. Ensures that all group and casino functions pertaining to hotel are implemented efficiently. Prepares, implements and updates hotel policies and procedures with department to ensure compliance.
- Manages and coordinates the provision of services for Coat Checks, Bell Stand, Information Desk and Hotel Front Desk to ensure guest service standards are met.
- Responds to guest and team member concerns and resolves issues within the scope of authority to ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Manages "day-of" room inventory blocks for Casino, Little Six, Group Sales, Business Council, and Board of Directors to ensure maximum occupancy.
- Develops departmental budget/capital expenditures and tracks hotel performance. Analyzes and adjusts short-range hotel forecasts monthly. Participates in the development of monthly room rate promotions and room pricing in coordination with Casino and Marketing departments to ensure hotel goals are met. Develops cost savings ideas and revenue enhancing opportunities. Prepares month-end reconciliation reports. Reviews monthly profit and loss statements and explains variances.
- Oversees hiring, training/development, performance management, and discipline of assigned team members, including terminations.
- Approves team member schedules based on labor standards, assigns and coordinates job duties, and reviews payroll. Recommends, creates and updates departmental training manuals.
- Combination of post secondary education in business management, hospitality or related field and hotel front office management experience to equal five years.
- Three years of progressive leadership/management experience.
- Three years of supervisory/management experience within a full-service hotel.
- One year experience in a gaming environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with a diverse group of people.
- Extensive knowledge of full-service hotel operations and experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently and to prioritize and organize multiple projects.
- Advanced proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheets, and electronic mail software. Experience in hotel property management computer software.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent management and decision making skills.
- Experience in high volume operation with a large number of team members.