Director of Quality
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The Director of Quality is responsible to direct the design and integration of all aspects of quality to ensure the risk and patient relations strategies, programs and operations are efficient, effective, coordinated and in alignment with the organizational business needs, priorities and strategy. The Director of Quality provides guidance, in conjunction with senior leadership, on creating a culture focused on continuous improvement, safe and effective patient care and an environment that supports Cuyuna Regional Medical Center's mission, vision and values.
Education and Experience: Graduate of a nationally or regionally accredited school of nursing. Bachelor's degree in Science/Art in nursing required. Master's degree in nursing strongly preferred. A minimum of 5 year's leadership experience in health care quality management principles, patient safety and Joint Commission elements of performance.
License/Certificates: Current MN license to practice professional nursing required.
Special Skills and Aptitudes:
Must possess strong leadership, communication, and problem solving skills.
Effective interpersonal relationship skills including good listening and communication skills.
Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of settings and with a wide variety of people and different organization levels.
Ability to develop effective relationships with various stakeholders.
Ability to effectively supervise employees.
Ability to handle confidential information discreetly and appropriately.
Ability to develop and implement plans for program/department operations.
Ability to adapt resources to meet the needs of the situation.
Ability to properly operate all equipment required for this position.
Good understanding of the legal environment surrounding health care.
- Lead and manage the daily operations of the Quality department, including staff hiring, orientation, supervision, monitoring of expenses, preparation of budgets, reporting of activities, managing employee performance and addressing concerns.
- Closely collaborate with senior leadership to drive key departmental initiatives.
- Represent or ensure appropriate representation of quality improvement functions at all internal quality committees, as well as during external regulatory, accreditation and other business functions which includes CRMC Board of Directors.
- Organize and represent the department during all CMS, Joint Commission or other regulatory audits.
- Mainain knowledge in and understanding of regulatory and contractual requirements and accreditation standards related to quality management to ensure compliance between standards and internal operations.
- Conduct, review and audit of quality metrics for reporting to quality committees.
- Understand data analytics as it relates to quality measures including regulatory reporting requirements.
- Understand process improvement and ability to lead others in the PI process.