Tribal Records Supervisor
2 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Days: Monday - Friday
Hiring rate or hiring range: $57,500 - $65,000 based on qualifications
Responsible for preserving and maintaining the SMSC tribal records including tribal research; establishing record retention periods, best practices, and procedures; and ensuring compliance with records management policies.
Assists in developing and maintaining annual department budget.
- Creation, development and implementation of records management policies, retention schedules, procedures, classification systems, and auditing processes. Work with SMSC departments to establish retention periods and standards for records management -- physical and electronic capabilities
- Maintain records management guidelines, policies, procedures, and training; update as required.
- Comprehensive compilation of information for Legal discovery and Tribal Administration
- Provide education and training initiatives within SMSC departments related to records management
- Oversee the document imaging process, including record validation and certification.
- Oversee the storage of physical records, security of storage facilities, and maintain the physical records facilities. Create, implement, and maintain disaster recovery policies and procedures.
- Creation and application of metadata and business process workflows within Electronic Records Management Systems.
- Oversee accurate inventory of all physical records.
- Assist in the discovery and development of potential Tribal Records technology solutions in collaboration with Information Technology Department.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- College degree in a related field such as Library Science, Law/Paralegal, Social Services, Political Science or History, with at least two years' experience closely related to the duties of the position.
- Preferred Master's degree in Library Science, Law, Social Services, Political Science, or History
- Preferred prior supervisory experience
- Previous experience working in an independent environment
- Knowledge of laws and regulations related to Records Management at State and Federal level
- Demonstrated comprehensive research skills
- Comprehensive understanding of Information Management disciplines
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite and Electronic Record Management Systems.
- Preferred training in Electronic Records Management
- Knowledge in government relations related to Records Management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Excellent organizational skills